Alcina agro-meteorological station with sensors which are connected to the station in your orchard continuously measure, process and send parameters via data logger (central processing unit data – basically a robust industrial computer) at regular intervals through the Free-band / GSM / GPRS / UMTS modem to a computer that collects, stores and displays the data.
A computer that receives data and processes them, can be:
- server computer in the Alcina company to which the user has access via his PC and the Internet using a web browser
- personal computer users with the data arriving from the agro-meteorological stations go directly to the user’s computer.
The first option gives the option of using Alcina software to predict the occurrence of diseases and the development of pests. The user must have access to the Internet and pay a monthly subscription to a telecom company. This option also allows you to use the best security advice that can give advice based on the data that has been measured accurately in your orchard.
The second option means that the data comes only to your computer and that only you are abe to see it, and plan your actions accordingly. In this case, a free-band is use so that the user does not have the cost of a monthly subscription to the Internet and data transmission through the wireless network. Both versions of software and communications allow data storage to be measured and displayed in the form of graphs or tables. The measured data are transferred and stored on your computer and can be accessed always.
Alcina agro-meteorological station consists of:
- data-loggers – the computer that controls the operation of the entire cell
- air temperature sensor
- relative humidity sensor
- sensor for wind direction and speed
- sensor rainfall
- humidity sensor list (at least one on the lowest leaves)
- temperature sensor leaf (at least one on the lowest leaves)
- temperature sensor ground
- soil moisture sensor
- UV sensor
- sensors for atmospheric pressure
- dew point sensors (can also be calculated – not required)
- sensor for evaporation (evaporation can be calculated and for installation is necessary to have an automatic water filling sensor!). This sensor is essential for crops that can be irrigated – otherwise its of minimal practical value.